Hey Everyone! Thanksgiving is this Thursday, I cant believe it is already here, this year has flown by. The holidays have honestly not been my favorite the past few years, my family has kind of drifted apart and it just wasn’t the same. But! Last year my husband purposed to me on Thanksgiving, which makes it such a special holiday for me now! & Now that I am older, I am beginning to start loving the holidays again with my very own family. So I just wanted to make a list of things that I think a lot of people as well as myself tend to take for granted, and I just want to make an effort to try to remember this year to be grateful for them.
- Good Health: This is a big one! Sometimes its easy to get mad or upset because you have a little cold, this year be grateful its just a cold or just a little flu bug. There are people out there fighting bigger battles then that. Good health is something to be extremely thankful for.
- A Job: Not everyone is fortunate to have a job around the holidays a lot of people get laid off and are out of work which makes it hard to provide for your family, so this year if you have a job [Even if you don’t like it] enjoy it the best you can and remember, you are lucky to have it.
- A Home: Having a home is something a lot of people take for granted, imagine if you didn’t know where you were going to sleep tonight? That has got to be the most awful feeling. If you have a warm home to go to everyday then that is something a lone to be thankful and grateful for.
- Car: I am guilty of taking this one for granted, I complain that my car is cold, when its been sitting in a warm garage all night. There are people sitting out waiting for the bus in 30 degree weather! Brrr. or having a hard time figuring out how to get from point a to point b. A am beyond happy I have a reliable vehicle.
- Freedom: This is something a lot of people I think take for granted, we live the lives we live, because of the people fighting for our freedom day in and day out! This year, maybe thank go out of your way to thank a soldier. A Million Thanks is an organization that you can send letters of thanks and encouragement to our soldiers! If you have some downtime, write a letter tell them how thankful you are, I’m sure it will help lift their spirits and help make them feel more at home this holiday season.
What are some things you are thankful for this year !?